The following is an update from the LaSalle Peru Grant and how it helped grow rugby in the area.
After receiving the grant. Jerseys were purchased that were approximately $1550. Then purchased shorts and socks which were approximately $450.
- We also have had fundraiser dinners. For both youth and high school. In the last two years we have raised over $9000.
- With these funds we have purchased rugby balls, ruck pads, tackling pads, and more shorts and socks.
- We have spent money on recruiting through radio, news paper, and giving out rugby balls to players that commit to the club.
- Currently we tripled our numbers in our youth club. Which will help our high school club in the future. And added 4 new high school players from last year.
- Combined teams with other small clubs has helped our program tremendously. Getting started is the hardest part. The Steve Krause memorial grant provided use with a great start. And we are committed to moving forward.